Translate

Thursday 6 December 2018

Naughty or Nice?

With Christmas almost here, my thoughts have turned to the strangers who have been most helpful to me, this year. Or not.

It's only a bit of fun, but I do advise you to make your own list, as not only does it allow you to vent your angst over something, but it allows the wider picture to be seen, whether you reach a balance or whether you've had a year full of annoying, petty, problems.

NAUGHTY                                                      NICE                        
The man who shouted abuse at me,         All the fellow dog- walkers who stopped  
because I pressed the button                    to chat with me. 
for the lights to change. 

The woman who complained about       Glasgow Council, who helped me 
me placing things outside of my            dispose of my dad's old furniture, 
dad's flat for the council to pick up.       after he passed away. 
(The furniture was next to the bins as
I'd been told to do.)
                                                                                    
The sales assistant at Charford Post       The OTHER sales assistant, who just did it 
Office, who sent me away with my           the next day, when I returned, 
heavy parcel unposted, as                       refusing all help from me.
'she wasn't allowed' to  lift it, 
( fair enough) but insisted that I
couldn't place it where all the other
large parcels waited to be collected
by the Parcelforce driver, as only she
could do that!

Beko manufacturers and AO for           Argos for replacing my broken vacuum  
making and selling me a dishwasher     cleaner, without the slightest quibble.
that broke the DAY AFTER the 12
month warranty ran out.

I could go on, but I won't, as I think you get my point.

Life is made up of the things that happen to us and how others help us through those times.

Going forward, I'm going to do my damnedest to be on other people's 'nice' side.

I hope to see you there! ;)

Happy reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment