Translate

Tuesday 6 September 2016

A more adult read

I think this book might be one of the hardest I have ever written in some ways. It's about what happens after a marriage breaks down and how the main character, Sarah, has to forge a new life for herself.

As I alluded to in my last blog, some of it is written from personal experience and some from the experiences others have shared with me. I have to thank you all for being so brutally honest and baring your souls to me. What you have told me has made me laugh and sometimes cry, but each and every time, it has informed my characters of how they would act, what they would think and what they would say.

So to all of you once again, thanks.

Because of the adult content of this book I will be unable to post as many snippets as I usually would, so here is just a little bit to tide you over.


“Shall we go see the new house then?” she said.

Neither of the girls answered. Perhaps young as they were, they realised there was really no choice in the matter.

Her hands shook on the steering wheel but she manoeuvred the car with care. “Here we are.” Her voice was falsely cheerful.

The girls looked unenthusiastically up at the low-rise block of flats.

“You said there wasn’t a garden, but there is,” Kaitlin accused, pointing at the narrow expanse of grass between the building and the car park.

“That’s not a garden honey. That’s just a strip of grass and it’s for everyone to use.”

“Everyone?” Ellie said, sounding confused.

Sarah looked at the building again. Not as she naturally perceived it, as a group of connected flats, but as her daughters saw it, a huge imposing residence.

“That isn’t one big house. It’s lots of little houses called flats, all put together in one place.”



As ever, if you are in need of a good read, take a look at my dystopian sci-fi series, The Owners or for young adult romance/thriller, Split Decision. Ascension will be out early next year. And many more to follow.

Happy Reading! x


No comments:

Post a Comment