Translate

Thursday 16 May 2013

It's a new day!

Its a new day and I want to be singing that Michael Buble song that goes "it's a new day, it's a new dawn, it's a new life for-o-or meeee and I'm feelin' fine" or at least failing that, "it's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling..."

Because...wait for it...wait for it...I have just finished the first whole edit of The Owners, Volume IV : A New Epoch.

Not only that but I have baked a delicious chocolate fudge cake in celebration. Ok, the cake wasn't quite to celebrate the edit but what the hell - in for a penny, in for a pound.


Last night I went to pick up my courtesy car [my own car has now been taken for repair]. Since the only two cars available to me were a large Kia  which was an automatic and therefore completely unsuitable and the other was a VW Golf, I ended up with the Golf.

Let me tell you that my eyes have been firmly opened! After years [ok decades actually] of protesting that a car is a car and is only useful to get from A to B, I have been converted into one of these people who cannot be torn from the driving seat.

This car [apologies to my own humble Citroen Berlingo] does everything but make a packed lunch for you. DAB radio, CD player [my car still has only radio/cassette player], a loud beeping when you are reversing and a digital picture of what you are about to back into. WOW.

Thus I found myself, having completed the first edit today, managing to convince myself that I REALLY did need to pop to the shops just to get that packet of icing sugar, so that I could bake a cake. [Talk about self-deception!]

So I did the shopping and I baked my cake and all because I fancied a ride out in the courtesy car! If I didn't know better I would think I had been possessed by aliens...oh, must end this blog now...it seems we have run out of mackerel pate...guess I'll just have to pop to the shops to fetch some more then, darn it! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment