Translate

Friday 2 March 2018

When your home life takes over...

We are now just over the 24 hour mark with no working boiler.

Yesterday was a living nightmare with water pouring out of the boiler, three shivering children and an aged dog on the brink of collapse. The corgi engineer actually said he couldn’t believe it when he saw it; that the flooding was the worst he’d ever seen.

Added to that, I have a terrible cold. The estimate is that it will be around 2 weeks before we can have a new boiler fitted.

The timing of this is strange and has almost transported me back through the decades. There’s a lot going on at the moment in my personal life (little of it good) but this intensity of cold has served to remind me of when I lived with my mum and dad up in Glasgow.

So I know we’ll survive. We’ll get through this. It isn’t the worst thing that’s ever happened to me, or that ever will happen.

Back then I knew things would get better.

And they will again, this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment