Translate

Friday 21 October 2016

Wait and see

I'm actually intrigued to see who will become the next American President. Will it be the misogynist with 'the hair', or the 'cool' cat with the tomcat husband?

I guess I'll just have to wait and see, although I know who my money would be on...

Last night I met with a group of Birmingham writers called New Street Authors. All independently published and publishing, they were astute, knowledgeable and witty. They were also so much better at the technical side of things than I am [formatting etc.].

We talked for a long time about my self-published series, which went to press before I was signed up by traditional publishers for other books, and whether in future I would again tread the self-pub route to fame and fortune, or remain on the traditional publishing path.

The answer is that right now, there is no answer. Both have their merits. And big money can be made in both camps if you go about it the right way.

I love the autonomy that self-publishing gives, but there is a lot to be said too for having someone else fighting your corner side-by-side with you, their interest in seeing you succeed, as vested as your own. That said, the group were a pretty tight bunch, and I could see how they genuinely worked hard to help one another... and I wanted to be a part of that.

So for now readers I am waiting and watching.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment