Translate

Wednesday 27 July 2016

Love is in the air!

Here is a little bit of the book I am currently working on. It's a dystopian science fiction story, with a smattering of romance.


“And he’s a very lucky man.”

I’m so surprised that he sounds genuine that I turn towards him. Surely there is some scorn subtly implied there that I have missed?

“Do you really think so?”

“Yes, of course. To have someone who loves you enough that they will risk everything for you, isn’t that what we all want?”

I answer his question with one of my own. “Is that what you want, Devlin?”

His eyes close and for a long time I think he is asleep but when his voice comes it is quiet and reflective. “ELSA won’t allow you back into the Dome.”

“I know.”

“Perhaps without him you might stand a chance, although you have rebelled against her, so it’s slim. But since she has already cast him out, there’s no chance for him.”

“I know. And there’s Willow too.”

“It can be a hard life out here in one of the Sectors.”

“I’ll cope.”

His eyes open. “Yes actually, I have no doubt that you will. But will they?”
“They’ll have to! And I’ll help them.” I close my eyes. I don’t want to talk anymore. Whatever will happen, will happen, and I’ll deal with it then. There’s no point in brooding upon conjecture.

Hmm what will happen next?

Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment