Translate

Monday 11 January 2016

Back to the grindstone...

Oh I am so pleased to be getting back into my normal routine.

I have just written this little bit after about a seven week absence. I am so happy!


Behind her Tod sat at the kitchen table. “Are you sure you still want me to stay?” he asked. She nodded without turning around. “I’ll make up a bed for you in a minute but there’s something I have to do first. I have to make a phone call.”
She heard the scrape of the chair. “I’ll go in the other room. Give you some privacy.”
Her voice was sharper than she intended. “Giving people privacy is how this all came about.” She didn’t need to look at him to know that he had stopped in his tracks. “I gave Jim his privacy and he turned to another woman. I let Danni hide things from me… and look how that turned out." She risked a glance over her shoulder. He was looking straight at her and she thought she saw pain in his eyes, but perhaps that was just a reflection of her own. She tried to soften her voice. “Stay. Please.”

OOH things are a-changing!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment