Translate

Wednesday 17 April 2013

The Owners Volume IV.


Somehow I can't quite believe that volume IV is almost completely written.

Don't get me wrong, I have spent countless hours slogging away at it and many more hours thinking about the route it was taking through the plot...and yet the almost completed work sits before me like a thing never seen before!

There is one more chapter to write and a lot of editing but by this stage, the promise of a finished book is so close, I can almost smell it.

Because a finished book is a strange thing indeed. I don't know about other authors but for me the book is almost a part of me whilst I am writing it; an extension of my own body if you like. But once written, it is like a child that has been firmly expelled from the birth canal - always linked to me but a seperate entity all of its own, expected to make its own way in the big wide world with only a gentle push from me to help it on its way.

If I wasn't so unsentimental I'd shed a tear ;)

Happy reading!  x

No comments:

Post a Comment