Translate

Friday 23 May 2014

I have been asked to contribute to a publication by The Society for Curious Thought. Since I have a lot of thoughts and most of them are curious [if not downright peculiar], I thought I would give it a go!


I was asked about my opinion on the matter of growing socio-economic inequality across the world and what I thought made a fair society.


Here's my ha'penny worth. [Lovecraft, Joyce and Tolstoy eat your heart out - please see previous blog post.]  


In my opinion a fair society is one where each and every voice carries equal  weight; each opinion is considered as carefully as the next; every consideration is extended impartially to every citizen and where neither creed, colour, affluence, influence or intelligence dictate a divide.


Utopia? Perhaps. Impossibility? I hope not!


Happy reading.


Carmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment