Translate

Saturday 15 June 2013

What made me, me?

I am  watching Lonesome Dove and my heart is breaking just as much as it did when I was a child and I watched it first time around. The characters are so well drawn and portrayed but there is something more, that make this compelling viewing ...there is that emphasis on the Human Condition...that thing, that makes people tick!

I so want my heroes to meet their challenges and overcome their obstacles...I so want them to survive!

And I believe that there are real lessons to be learned from this seemingly facile tv programme...

Like for every act there is a consequence and every action provokes a reaction...

Mankind has always scared me. In fact the second syllable in the word itself, has always seemed to me, to be the very antipathy of what our sad species is all about... being kind.

We speak the words but do not carry out the deeds and believe me I am as guilty of this as the next person.

Please, please can we try a little harder to be kind to each other?

Because if we don't, there might just be no turning back! x




 

No comments:

Post a Comment