Translate

Wednesday 12 October 2016

Latest paragraph

This current book is coming along at a rate of knots, even though for the last few weeks I have been tied up with other things, and haven't been able to devote much time to writing. I am now roughly quarter of the way through writing the book, and the revelations are coming thick and fast.

Dystopian in nature, the book is very character driven and focuses just as much on their motivations as it does their actions.

Here is the latest paragraph:-



You are eight weeks and one day pregnant, Prudence Smith. Congratulations to you, and to your husband, Mitchell Smith. There’s a sour taste in my mouth as I read ELSA’s words.

“That was the day we got married!” Mitchell whirls me round to face him. “We made a child that night Pru!” His face is rapturously happy and I don’t have it in me to crush him with my fears.

We had been careless that night. Just married and drunk on love and happiness, we had fallen into bed. We had never been intimate before. Never spent the night together, never explored each other’s bodies, each other’s uncovered souls.

That night we did.

It never even entered my head that I could get pregnant. It was one night, after all. Now I see how naïve I have been.

Happy Reading, x.




No comments:

Post a Comment