Translate

Thursday 13 November 2014

I try to write Monday to Friday. I don't always manage it but I try nonetheless. As Meatloaf says in his song, "some days it don't come easy, and some days it don't come hard..." Today I am fully in my flow.

Here is the paragraph I have just written:-

She walked briskly, not really seeing the scenery or noticing the people who passed her on the path, their polite hellos not denting her thoughts. For so long her life had been average – perhaps less than that even. It had been mundane. She had slept and risen, cooked and cleaned, worked and relaxed to the singular beat of a lethargic drum.
Now it seemed as if some fiend had snared the instrument and beat instead on it with manic glee, thrashing a new rhythm out with wild abandon, building to a crescendo, a symphony of notes cascading from on high and being propelled back upwards by the sheer force of the tempo.
And she was being hauled alongside it.
 
If you would like to know more about how and why I write, then why not come along to one of my author talks? I will be posting details of the next venue shortly. As always you can contact me on carmen.capuano@ymail.com if you would like to arrange a talk for a school or group you are involved with.
Until then - Happy Reading!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment